Friday, January 10, 2014

Do not be afraid.

I got my passport ordered, yellow fever shot scheduled, and a fundraising page set up at www.gofundme.com/rannahtouganda

As I get closer and closer to leaving the nights with no sleep get longer and longer. Seven months is a long time to leave all I know and my family, I already miss them. Fear is trying to take hold but I trust in the Lord with everything I have that He will guide and protect me. All I do is for Him and He will not lead me astray. "Do not be afraid; just have faith." Mark 5:36 Over and over in the Bible we are told not to be afraid, our faith can move mountains. Through us God can do anything, the more God allows me to surrender myself and trust in Him, the more I truly understand and see how in control He is of my life. No matter what trouble or sickness I run into in Uganda I know that Jesus walks before me, for He concord this world, He concord death. Nothing can truly harm me, nothing can break the love God has for me and I for Him.

"I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." John 8:12

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you've started a blog! I will be following along for sure! It is amazing that God has placed this on your heart and I know that you are going to have a great adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1st Thessalonians 5:17. PRAY WITHOUT CEASING! good luck on your quest. Congratulations for answering the call that so many do not.

    ReplyDelete