Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Nightmare

I am back in Canyon and I am crying like crazy. One of our boys from school, Davis, appears.

I can't help him.. 

Carrying dried up corn stalks, he comes walking out of his village. Davis has been looking for food but has found none. He is there and talking to me- everything is so real. With haunting eyes that are completely black he tells me that there is no food at school. I ache as Davis tells me how hungry all the kids are..
 I can't get to him. 

It is terrible. There is an invisible wall that wont let me come closer no matter how hard I try. His blacked out eyes are piercing hopelessly at me,
I can do nothing.

The scene changes and I am running. I am so stressed, lost, and yearning to go back to Uganda. The peace of mind running usually brings me is not happening- I am breaking. I get blank stares from everyone, as if no one understands. 































































































This wasn't the first nightmare I have had, but it was the worst. Despite the fact that I know God is in control, these dreams happen. Days have came where there has been no food at school, but thankfully God has given me the means to buy some. Yes, there is the question of what happens when I am not here to buy it? Or pay for an emergency medical situation? I realize, though, I am not God. Joel has been managing this for six years. Despite the many hard times and lack of money, he has done a wonderful job.

-

Jesus I trust in you.


No comments:

Post a Comment