Sunday, June 29, 2014

Money Well Spent

I'm so happy to share all the things that, through God's goodness and the many people who have helped me along this journey, have been able to buy for BDI. 

Thank you all.

You have helped pay for the spraying to get rid of lice at school. ($20)

A few days ago the kids went without breakfast and only had posho for lunch, which has no flavor and I don't think much/if any nutrition. I was home sick, like usual, and got a text saying they need money to buy some charcoal and were wondering if I would be able to help. OF COURSE! The money that I have been graciously given doesn't do any good sitting in the bank. ($25)

We have paid the schools rent for three months. ($300)

Paid this months water bill. ($50)

                            Purchased 160lbs of beans. ($53)  
This is the aunt and the grandmother of a boy at school named Davis. Everyone rejected Davis because he was deaf except for these beautiful ladies. His father will have nothing to do with him and will deny even knowing Davis. I love Davis so much, he is so funny and helps me a lot with my sign language, if I can pick favorites he is definitely one of them. :)           

                            GOT FREEEEE CORN!! From Davis's family.                     

Bought a bunch of maize for posho. ($123)

We got two big bags of tomatoes and a bag of onions. ($5.77)
This woman has a deaf 6 year old girl who we hope will one day be able to come to BDI. Now is a good age to start learning a language and schooling. The older she gets the harder it will be. 

You also helped purchase 5 cabbages! ($2.89)
 They also gave us FREE CORN! :)

In total we spent 1,512,500 Ugandan shillings and $582.18. I put the prices on here not for a show of money or good works but as to show you all what you have helped with and how far your money goes here. So thank you to everyone for your help!

More importantly thank you for the thing that matters most, the thing that can make the biggest difference, the thing that can change, can build, can renew, can heal, comfort, and give strength; your prayers. The kids at BDI and I greatly need and appreciate them. 

We are all one in Christ.  

 Because kittens are adorable. 

Driving back from Semuto. It's the most beautiful place.  




                                               The happiness and excitement of the kids is the best.                                                       


2 comments:

  1. Rannah, I am reminded of of just how much I have and take for granted through your posts. I thank God for the desire and love that he has placed in you to serve. Thank you for sharing with love what God is doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am reminded every day of the same thing. Thank you for supporting me and coming on this journey with me!

      Delete