Friday, June 20, 2014

Sick with Love

Okay, it's day three of being locked away sick in my apartment.

Listening to Ave Maria and editing videos is not cutting it. My editing software is messing up and keeps freezing. So I am not sure what to do about that...

Last night it was a little tough to sleep because I was having trouble breathing (not that bad), I just have some cough and chest issues. Not to mention being weirdly hot and sweaty all yesterday and last night. I woke up to a nice stench of my own body odor, lovely right? To top that off the water was shut off this morning. Thankfully I keep an extra "Jeri Can" I think its called, a big plastic jug filled with water, and gave myself a nice bath. So now I'm as clean as can be, my night sweats and dizziness are leaving me, but I still am coughing up a storm and having some trouble breathing.

All is well and will be, I'm loading my body with plenty of chemicals to help fight off whatever is going on haha.

I think I might have gotten sick from Jonathan at school, he has been sick and the last time I was there he was coughing a whole lot. And of course love has no boundaries so neither must I, so naturally on Tuesday Jonathan and I were holding hands and he was touching my face all over. If I did get sick from him I will gladly do it over and over again just to see the smile and joy on his face as we play together.

God has used these days to teach me some things and for me to get back to my habit of reading, so its not all boring and bad as I said before.

I'm currently reading "Where There Is Love, There Is God" by Mother Teresa and of course its an amazing book. Every word touches my heart and brings me closer to Our Lord.

  "From the Cross, Jesus cries out, "I thirst." His thirst was for souls-even as He hung there-dying alone, despised. Who will bring those souls to Him to satiate that thirst of the infinite God dying of love?"

This is why we must ALL be loving one another, clothing the naked, feeding the hungry, and bringing each other closer to Christ. Jesus hungers and thirsts for our souls. We must step away from the noise of the world and make time for silent prayer with Him and always be helping our neighbors.

Right now I am sick and cannot be around all the children at BDI as I wish to be. But that certainly does not mean I am useless right now. I am probably more useful now as I am alone in the quite of my apartment offering my sickness up to the Lord for those like Jonathan. And for the praying for the kids at BDI and all those around the world who are suffering and in need of Jesus in their hearts.

"Just one thing counts: to be humble, to pray" 




3 comments:

  1. God bless you Rannah. To a heart that belongs to Christ indeed all things work together for the good of those that love him and are called according to his purposes...just as Romans 8:28 tells us. There is no wasted suffering in this life when you seek Christ and know him... But in return you become a joy, inspiration and blessing to others! God is using you to draw more people closer to Jesus... Even in slowing you down with illness. Case in point...this blog today. After all it all is about Jesus... He alone is our reason for existence. Keep pressing on in his compassion and truths...and the world around you will see the light of Glory as you reflect our Lord. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you David. Your Christ filled words always lift my spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On our drive back from Dallas this week, listening to Fr. John Riccardo's podcast, "Christ is the Answer", he read the 'I Thirst' meditation from Mother Teresa-it is incredible! He encouraged his listeners to read it in adoration in the presence of Christ. And what a beautiful connection to today's gospel reading from Matt. 6:19-23 warning us about the dangers of earthly riches and reminding us that where our treasure is, there also are our hearts. Rannah, your heart is your lamp, your body filled with light, shining for others to see! God bless you dear sister.

    http://www.avemariaradio.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Jesus-I-Thirst.pdf

    ReplyDelete