Wednesday, July 2, 2014

I Think It's Wednesday

Late night again last night, I have to stop doing this. I thought I was going to break the cycle today and get to bed on time but its 11 pm right now soo...maybe ill try tomorrow?

We got to school today sometime after 10 and it was another exam day. I don't even know where to begin with that. I was in P1 today, I think (I haven't quite memorized the school levels here). But anyways I was in a class trying to help the kids take there exams. Yes, that's right, helping them take their exam. Why? Because this schooling system for these kids is impossible. I have talked to Joel about it and its just ridiculous. The Deaf kids need a different one because they are having SO much trouble learning.

I think its a combination of several things which I'm not familiar enough to comment on. All I know is that today I was extremely frustrated because it seemed like some of the kids had no idea about most of the stuff on the exam.

Besides all that I absolutely loved today. I'm not entirely sure what made today so good, but it was good.

I seriously love these kids SO SO MUCH. There are some that I just want to steel and keep all to myself. Hah even more so than that I want to be there for them, love them and care for them with everything I have in me. Something very important that I think there missing is parents. I don't know everyone's story, I know some of the kids have parents who love them very much, others maybe not, some go home to their parents everyday, others only on holidays. But I think that children need a mother to put them to sleep at night and hug them when they cry, and a father to do the same and be a role model. I'm only just briefly observing and I'm no therapist, I just feel its so important.

Growing up with first an abusive father and then non at all, I know the great effects it had on my family and myself. So I can't imagine being a little kid or a growing teen here without any love or guidance from both parents.

There is a boy named Davis who I can't get enough of! I believe he is 13, and I don't know...hes just such a joy to be around. One minute he is pretending to ignore me, but at the same time trying to get my attention, and wont talk to me. Then the next minuet were right next to each other playing, hugging, just hanging out. He is hilarious and such a goof, such a boy!

His parents rejected him, the only family that took him in was his aunt and grandmother. They live in Semuto and if you read "Money Well Spent" you already know this information and have seen pictures of his home and caretakers.

On the way home from school I couldn't help but stare up at the sky and pray the whole time. When we were leaving school it started to lightly sprinkle, it was perfectly sunny outside, and seemed as if it shouldn't be raining. It was beautiful. You could see the moon and the bright sun and all the surrounding clouds. I love to look up at the sky no matter what it looks like.

After I ate dinner I decided I will do my therapy, take a quick shower, blog, and get to bed. Haha that didn't work out as "quickly" as I thought.

First off, it took me a while to convince myself to workout. After sweating up a storm I was excited to take a cold shower. Haha but of course the water was shut off!

I grabbed my basin and big jug of water and went after it. I really enjoyed that "shower" a lot more than I think I should have.

And guess what happened as soon as I was out and all dried off? Yeah, the water turned back on. TIA. :)

Its now almost 1 o'clock and I seriously have to sleep. Vickie just got in about 30 min ago from the air port. She picked up her friend Sarah, from Denmark, who is going to stay here for two weeks I believe!

I know why today was good. Because God is good. Even when I think a day was bad He is still good. It's up to me to see the good in a day and choose to be happy, sometimes hard to do but necessary.

As Mother Teresa writes to her Sisters: "Never be moody Sisters, never let anything take away that joy." That joy being the joy of the Child Jesus.





Leticia hard at work. 

 Davis helping Jonathan.

 Praying.







No comments:

Post a Comment