Thursday, July 3, 2014

Thursday.

Your word is a lamp to me feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105

I woke up this morning to a nice breakfast of eggs, something good that I can't spell, mango, and coffee!! Thank you Vickie. 

I called our driver at eleven and asked him to come in twenty minutes...an hour and a half later I finally got to school. TIA. Haha

Joel was there waiting and needed to talk to me. We discussed lots of business stuff and paper work, something I am truly very thankful I don't have to deal with. There is a lot more going on "behind the scenes" than I thought. So much that has to be done to better the school, become a better non-profit organization, just all the logistics behind running and the growing of BDI. 

Then we got talking about Davis (he is actually 14). Where do I begin.. The first time Joel met Davis he was seven years old, had been rejected by family, and pretty much living on the streets. The only people that accepted him were people with no morals, no standards, as I call them "lost souls". Of course, they had nothing good to offer, only to bring Davis and the other kids around him down to their level and corrupt them. (These people need our prayers so as to come out of this terrible darkness). At age seven Davis's innocence was shattered and perverted by watching adult movies and his mind corrupted by smoking marijuana. This continued for a few years. Joel finally got Davis to BDI and taught him that all of those things are very wrong. He said at first he could find Davis and a couple other boys trying to roll cigarettes or smoke old buds from someone and drawing inappropriate things, but Joel disciplined them and taught them. 

Now Joel tells me how much Davis has changed, its like he was given a new life. He was. Christ gave him a new life and has completely changed him. He is smart, sweet, funny, obedient, happy, and loved. God is so good.

So yeah, there is that.. I just sat, listened, and cried. 

Vickie's friend from Denmark, Sara, came and so all the children welcomed her with dancing! It was great. Haha they are so funny! 

God speaks to you in the silence. Hugging the Deaf kids, holding their hands, playing, laughing, and just watching. Through this sort of silence He speaks to me. 

Highlight of the day was the kiss on my cheek from Jonathan. I love love love him. I look at him and all I see is joy and Jesus Christ. They both were rejected by all and went through much suffering. Jesus Christ lives, He forgives, and He loves. Jonathan lives, he loves, and joy pours out of him. God is SO good. 

One the way home Kiwa's front tire on his Boda went flat so we had to stop at a gas station...we didn't really talk about anything much haha because we don't speak the same language. He walked me over to all the other Boda drivers and found me a nice one to take me home. TIA. 

I arrived to some hot milk for coffee, popcorn, and two Danish ladies. When they talk I just pretend I'm watching a movie. They both speak and sign Danish and I love it!

Super TIA moment after dinner. I mostly know what happened and also don't feel like explaining it. All I can say is that our landlord is scary, yells really loud, made Rebecca cry, Vickie mad, I was scared, and Sara...hah happy first day in Uganda. Another man to add to my prayer list though. 

Rafa (sp?) is a boy who lives near and comes over a lot and did tonight. He is so cute! Maybe two or three years old, wont eat unless you spoon feed him, hardly talks, and really loves Vickie! Tonight we all played with him for a while, ate dinner with him, and when his mom came for him he refused to go. So he stayed a little longer and then Vickie carried him the three second walk to his house. 

It's now 3 am. Goodnight and God bless.

Davis

Davis and Derrick playing with my GoPro.

Kiwa our driver.

Derrick


Playing with their new cars!

Yay for candy!




Dancing

Welcoming Sara

The rest of the posho scrapped out of the pan.

1 comment: