Friday, July 25, 2014

Meet Elvis, Daphine, and Leocadia

I am so excited to be able to introduce to you three more of these beautiful children! Although some of these kids have been attending BDI for years, they are all new to me. The more I get to know each one, the more I fall in love with them.

I know everyone, everywhere, can find Christ in these children as I have. You only have to look. Be with me on this journey of love and learn how to open yourself up more and more to give and receive Christs love. I came here to give love but I feel I am receiving much more than I ever thought. The more I learn, the more hands I hold, faces I kiss, and foreheads I bless, the closer I come to Jesus. 

It is amazing what happens when we start to give. Its not a matter of what we are giving, how much, or to who. Its only a matter of "giving". It's the spirit of giving and the self-less love. The same self-less love that Christ gave to us when He died on the Cross. 

There is a difference between the kids who are sponsored and the ones that aren't. Many of these kids are used to abandonment and are used to being unloved. When a child gets sponsored they feel so wanted! "Someone chose me!"  

I am humbly asking you to chose one. Let them send you letters and emails about their thoughts, drawings, struggles, and joy. Share with them your love.








































Meet Elivs and his older sister Daphine, who is hearing. Their life is not easy, their parents are separated and they live their Aunt. Their mother lives with her mother and the father sometimes stays with the children but most of the time he is not there. He doesn't care about his children.

At home Daphine is the oldest and takes care of her three younger siblings. Sometimes the Aunt will disappear and they will stay alone, leaving Daphine in charge and having to find food for her siblings. Many times they have came to the school at night or on weekends looking for food because they have none.


























Elvis is nine years old, he is very social, and likes to play any and every game! He and his sister came to BDI two years ago when their parents were still together. When the problems at home starting happening that's when his grades started to drop. He would come to school and be very distracted. Because of such poor academics the first year he is now having to repeat P1. 




























Daphine is 12 years old and she is in P5. Her favorite subjects in school are Science and English. "Science is very easy. English is nice to speak." Her exact words. Her favorite thing to do outside of school is play net ball!  Although I knew the answer to this question I asked her anyways about her personality, shy or outgoing? She laughs as she buries her head in her arms and says "I'm shy."

Daphine attends school here because Elvis, being very attached to her, refused to attend school without her. She loves sign language! And she is the only one at home that is able to communicate with her brother. Isn't that great!? I love seeing them together. 









































Meet Leocadia. She is 17 years old and came to BDI one year ago but only stayed for two weeks because she had to leave to take care of her sick aunt. So officially on June 6th of this year was her fist day. How did she get here? Her mom would see some of the deaf children walking to church and signing to each other and then grabbed the opportunity for her daughter to have an education. Her mother is the only one who cares for sweet Leocadia. 

Although it is SO hard for Leocadia to learn sign language, because she is so old, she still tries very hard. She likes to be smart. She also likes to be clean and very well maintained, her hair is always done so beautifully! Leocadia is in Top Class and despite being very old for her class she is very comfortable with it. 


If you have the capacity to give and feel called to do so please go to http://www.boanergesdeafinitiative.org/apps/donations/. Or visit the BDI page for any further information. You can also contact me via email with any questions or concerns at rannah_banana@yahoo.com. 

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment