Sunday, July 6, 2014

SUNDAY!

Guess who stayed up to late last night again? Yeah, so this morning I woke up late and had to rush to get ready for Church. 

Church was good though, as usual. I love Jesus so much. The singing is always so beautiful during Mass. There was a lady who caught my attention, she was so beautiful and seemed so present. She was very old and moved very slowly. During the profession of Faith everyone raises their right hand, something I'm not familiar with, and you could tell it was hard for her. Slowly her hand was dropping, she would look at it and pick it up, and slowly it would drop again. She walked so slowly and patiently to receive communion and slowly came back to her seat. I don't know why she was so interesting but she was, her slowness caught my attention. Maybe I feel eager and fast paced sometimes and seeing her calmness made me feel calm.  

After Church I did the usual walk home. I felt irritated. It was very hot, I was sweating all during Mass and the walk, my shoulders were hurting so badly and I was tired. I'm so human! I was staring at the ground and walking just wanting to be home already. Then I think I got a little nudge from my guardian angel and I just looked up. There was a tree branch hanging over my head with the sun shining through the lush green leaves and a big colorful butterfly flew right in front. It was so beautiful. I smiled and laughed at myself for indulging in such human and pointless thoughts. I wish I had a picture. God is so good, His beauty is all around, even in the smallest things, you just have to look! 

When I got home I took a cold shower, ate mandazi and yogurt, and got ready to go play soccer. Kiwa took me to the bank, back home to drop off stuff, and then to Kampala! 

Dennis is one of the teachers at BDI, he is deaf, and is on a soccer team with other deaf people. Since being here I have only ran one time and I feel so weird not moving my body. In America I ran pretty much everyday. A few weeks before I came to Uganda a finished a half-marathon, so yeah, I hate not running. So, I knew Dennis played soccer and I told him that I want to learn he invited my to come play today. 

It was fun! Before their game started I just played around with him and his teammates. I think I did okay for my first day! I mostly enjoyed just moving my legs around haha! I also loved watching and being around all of the Deaf people. 

Their was another team out on the field close to us that Dennis was talking to....they saw me and started walking towards me and this is the conversation...

Man: "Something in Luganda, Mzungu, More Luganda" to his friend.
Me: "Mzungu, what!?!"
Man: "Mzungu, where is you camera?"
Me: "Why do you think I have a camera?"
Man: (laughing) "Mzungu, where is your camera?"
Me: "Because I am a Mzungu you think I have a camera?"
Man: Just laughs and nods his head. 

Hahah I went and got my camera. 

I don't know what it was about today but I encountered many people that had never seen and had no idea what my freckles were. The first were some of the deaf soccer players. They just stared and asked me allllllllllll about them. I told them that they were Angel kisses. The last question was if I "felt okay about them". Yes, thank you, I love them. TIA.

After soccer I went to the store and the lady that checks you bag before you go into the store had lots and lots of questions about them. She thought I got them from being in African....I told her no I got them in America. To her surprise she said "oh, you have a sun like Africa does"? Haha yes, and I told her that currently it is hotter where I live in America than it is here. She was so confused. And then after her was another lady while I was leaving. It was crazy. 

Kiwa took me home and I ate dinner with Vickie and Sara. We had some good laughs, looked a pictures and watched videos from today and yesterday. Sara and I talked a lot about education, schooling, why so many kids are increasingly doing drugs, and government stuff. The differences in Denmark and America are very interesting. I learned that Denmark really does (I think) have a better education system set up. Also, if God wants me to go to college I am moving to Denmark and doing it there. :) 

It is now 1:36 am. Goodnight and God bless. 

Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 

This Mzungu found her camera.









Dennis  

Blurry, but this is traffic. 
Dinner is served! 

4 comments:

  1. Ah Rannah, I am blessed every time I read your blog! Thank you for sharing your journey with God and how he is blessing you. Your love for him shows in the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey rannah how are you doing? Skype me whenever you want to I will not be too busy to talk to you. I love you and I pray for you every night. Bye

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful reflection. God is everywhere we just have to be reminded to look. Peace

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about your days! I love it so much! The questions about your freckles are ones I never would have even thought about asking so it was fun to read about all the questions they had about them. Thank you so much for sharing that with us. It was just what I needed to brighten my day. Thank God for you!

    ReplyDelete